Web Privacy Code
- Information is important. All personal information is managed according to the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that:
1. 01 You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected;
1. 02 You have a right of access to your information;
1. 03 You have control over how the City obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information;
1. 04 All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
- Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the Web site, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the City automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The City collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
2. 01 The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the City's Web site;
2. 02 The type of browser and operating system used to access the City's Web site;
2. 03 The date and time you access the City's Web site;
2. 04 The pages you visit on the City's Web site; and
2. 05 If you are linked to the City of Surrey Web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
The City uses this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The City does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- If you choose to provide the City with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submit it to the City through our Web site, the City will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service.
- E-mail messages are subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information you share with the City of Surrey is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the City of Surrey and may be accessed by department heads or their delegates without further consent of the author. All e- mail messages required to be retained by law will be printed and maintained through a records management process.
- The personal information you submit is secure once it reaches the City's server. In transit between your computer and the server, however, it may not be secure. If you would prefer to raise a comment or question in person, please call 604-591-4132.
- Security measures are implemented in order that web services remain available to all users. The City of Surrey computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.
For more information:
City of Surrey,
13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8