City Centre: Building a New Downtown
City Centre is the heart of Surrey. The City of Surrey is building a strong, vibrant City Centre that will act as the commercial, cultural and social hub of the city.
Also a transit hub with easy access to Skytrain and bus, the new civic centre connects the existing Central City plaza to a new community plaza that provides a gathering place to host community outdoor events.
City Centre Development
Refer to the City Centre brochure for the list of projects. Some City Centre developments include:
- Innovation Boulevard
- City Centre Library (77,000 sq. ft.)
- New 180,000 sq. ft. City Hall
- Performing Arts Centre with 1600 seat capacity
- SFU expansion
- Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre
- Covered Youth Park
- Surrey Memorial Hospital expansion & new outpatient facility
- Seniors' centre
- RCMP E Division headquarters
- Residential development (CityPoint, Park Place, Quattro, etc.)