Skip navigation

Report a Problem

fingers dialing a phone

A summary of common Drainage & Environmental problems is provided.  Should you have a problem that is not highlighted on this page you can contact the City directly at 604-591-4011 so that we can properly direct your concern.


To report flooding problems, please contact the Engineering Department at 604-591-4152 (during business hours; 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday) or after 4:30pm and on weekends  at 604-591-4431. Web reporting can be done by sending an Online Service Request.

Please view the City's Flooding & Prevention page for more information about how to protect your property from flooding.

Pollution Event  / Spill

If you witness a spill or chemicals being washed into a stormwater drain, please contact the City of Surrey Engineering Department at 604-590-7226 (during business hours) or after 4:30pm and on weekends  at 604-591-4431.  Web reporting can be done by sending an Online Service Request.

Alternatively one of the following agencies can also be contacted:

Provincial Emergency Program: 1-800-663-3456
Environment Canada’s Hotline: 666-6100
DFO 24-hr hotline: 604-666-3500

Please view the City's Streams & Water Quality page for more information about Surrey's watercourses and pollution concerns.


On public lands where beaver activity poses no threat to the public or property, no management techniques will be employed and their activities will be tolerated. 


Private property owners are responsible for the primary control of beavers on their property, including agricultural waterways. On private property where there is no threat to public or property, the City recommends that land owners take a stewardship approach and not remove the beaver, dam or lodge.  The City can provide consultation services to the public regarding protection of private property, but will assume no liability for implementation.


Please contact the Engineering Department at 604-591-4321 should you have a concern with beaver activity and you require further information on how to manage it.


Please view the City's Beavers page for more information about beavers and management practices.

Mosquitoes & WNv

Surrey's nuisance mosquito control program has been in place for many years.  The mosquito control contractor for the program is Culex Environmental Ltd.  Culex has a mosquito control "hotline" and residents can call this number to report areas of potential concern regarding mosquitoes.

For more information on how Culex Environmental conducts the mosquito control program, visit their website at: or call the Mosquito Control Hotline 604-872-1912.

For more information about West Nile virus (WNv) contact:

BC Nurse Line: 8-8-8 or 7-1-4 for the hearing impaired

BC Centre for Disease Control or call 604-707-2400

Health Authority or call 1-888-WNV-LINE / 1-888-968-5463

To report a dead corvid (crow, raven, jay) call 1-888-WNV-LINE

Please view the City's Mosquito page for more information about mosquito control and WNv.