Large Item Pickup Program
Dispose of your large items through the Large Item Pickup Program. All households that receive curbside collection are entitled up to 4 large item pickups throughout the course of the calendar year or 6 if you have a registered secondary suite.
Schedule a Large Item Pickup
- Call the City of Surrey Waste Collection Hotline at 604-590-7289 (Option 3) to arrange your pickup date.
- On the day of your appointment (or the evening before), place the large items at the curb. Please ensure all items are at your curb by 7:30 am.
Each year, your item count starts from zero. This means you can't “carry forward” the unused quota from the past years. Once you reach your maximum for the calendar year, see your other waste disposal options.
Please ensure that all items placed at curb are scheduled for pickup. Boxes/bundles must be of reasonable size. One box = one item.
- Large Appliances
- Small Household Goods (boxed & bundled)
We currently don't collect the following items for pickup:
- Car bodies or parts
- Tree stumps
- TVs or computers
- Lumber, demolition or home renovation materials
- Hazardous or special waste
- Propane Tanks
See your nearest waste drop off site to dispose of these items, or get contact information for Surrey's local take back programs. Get money for your functioning used items through Surrey Reuses. Or explore Surrey's other waste disposal sites and programs to see the easiest, cheapest and most environmentally friendly way to dispose of your waste.