What Goes In: Recycling
Crush Those Recyclables!
Please remember to...
- Place materials loose in the cart
- Flatten and cut boxes to fit inside the cart
- Bundle extra flattened boxes and place beside your cart (tape and staples are accepted)
- Place shredded paper in a firmly-tied clear, colourless plastic bag
- Empty and rinse containers, and recycle all caps and lids
- Put metal lids inside cans and squeeze slightly
- Ensure lids and contents are removed before recycling your single-use coffee pods
- Return deposit beverage containers for refund
- Remove leftover food, plastic liners and wrap from flats
What Goes In
What Goes to the Recycling Drop-Off Depot
For more information on the types of packaging and printed paper that can be recycled in Surrey or to find a recycling drop-off depot near you please visit, contact the at 604-732-9253 or check the .
What Stays Out
For unaccepted items, see the alternative disposal options, check , or contact the at 604-732-9253.
Help Reduce Contamination
Placing unacceptable materials in the recycling cart negatively impacts the recycling process as they must be removed at the processing facility. It's far easier, and less costly, if we all do our part to ensure that we are only placing acceptable materials into the recycling cart.