Alternative Disposal & Recycling


Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Programs

Provincial EPR programs divert many products from landfills that are hazardous to the environment. For more information, please go to the Recycling Council of BC's website or call the hotline at 604-732-9253.

EPR Accepted Items

Other Programs | Don't Trash It - Give It Away!

At you can sell, trade or give away used items that you might otherwise throw away. You can also search for items other people are selling. | Before You Trash It... Search It!

Can't figure out how to dispose of an item that isn't accepted at curbside? Find out quickly and easily with an online tool at that will help you find places to recycle just about anything!



Storm drain with yellow fish marker.

Household Hazardous Waste

Dispose of your household hazardous waste like paint, gasoline and pesticides at your nearest Surrey paint depot, to protect your health and [...]

Abandoned waste, of a couch covered in graffiti.

Illegal Dumping & Abandoned Waste

Get information to report illegal dumping in Surrey, and learn how we enforce the by-law to keep our streets and lots clean.

Old ovens disposed of through alternate disposal and recycling.

Large Item Pickup

Get your large items, including furniture, stoves and mattresses, picked up through Surrey's Large Item Pickup Program.

Surrey Reuses

Sell, trade or give away your old items through the Surrey Reuses website.

Surrey Transfer Station.

Surrey Transfer Station

Learn the acceptable items taken by the Surrey Transfer Station, and find their disposal rates, site hours and location.

Close up of a car tire.

Take-Back Programs

Find your nearest drop off location to take back your old small appliances, pop cans or used tires for recycling.

Garbage cart being lifted by a Surrey waste collection truck.

Waste Collection Schedule

Use your Surrey address to find your 2014 waste collection schedule.

Damaged pavement on a road in Surrey.

Report a Problem or Submit a Request

Report streetlight outages, waste collection issues, make a noise complaint or request road maintenance.