SFU & City of Surrey's Transportation Talks Program
Share your ideas and meet your neighbours
Transportation Talks is a conversation about transportation in our City. Formerly known as the Transportation Lecture Series, this community transportation class has been offered in partnership with the City of Surrey and SFU each fall for over six years.
What's Transportation Talks About?
Starting in September, this 10 week program explores how transportation shapes our City. You'll have a chance to connect with transportation professionals to hear how concepts of community, walkability, accessibility, mobility, and more impact how transportation is planned.
You'll also go on a field trip to see transportation in Surrey first hand and find out about the outcomes, trade-offs, challenges and lessons learned about projects in this city. Participants will also have the opportunity to share their ideas in a group project that identifies a transportation-related problem or involves research on an transportation-related issue.
This course is perfect for:
- Residents with an interest in transportation, or anyone who's identified a transportation-related problem
- Community association members or residents who want to engage in their community
- Transportation professionals and advocates, or anyone with a general interest in transportation
There are no prerequisites for the Transportation Talks course and it's open to all.
Metro Vancouver featured the 2015 Lecture Series in its Close Up video series. The segment features interviews with Councillor Vera LeFranc and Transportation Planning Manager Philip Bellefontaine. Watch it here.
You'll hear from senior practitioners from:
- the City of Surrey,
- the ,
- Metro Vancouver, and others.
How to Register
Registration will open in summer 2017. Stay tuned!
- Surrey residents pay $20 (including GST), plus a $100 cheque deposit (payable to the City of Surrey). The cheque will be destroyed if at least 8 of the 10 of sessions are attended.
- Non-Surrey residents pay $100 (including GST), plus a $100 cheque deposit (payable to the City of Surrey). The cheque will be destroyed if at least 8 of the 10 sessions are attended.
- Professional participants pay $200 (including GST), plus a $100 cheque deposit (payable to the City of Surrey). The cheque will be destroyed if at least 8 of the 10 sessions are attended.