SFU & City of Surrey Transportation Lecture Program
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2015 lecture series. Registration information for the 2016 Lecture Program will be posted at a later date. Stay tuned!
Metro Vancouver featured the 2015 Lecture Series in its Close Up video series. The segment features interviews with Councillor Vera LeFranc and Transportation Manager Philip Bellefontaine. Watch it here.
About the Program
Learn more about transportation with Surrey's Transportation Lecture Program. The City of Surrey Engineering Department and Simon Fraser University City Program are offering this unique learning opportunity for citizens, professionals, and stakeholders.
You'll hear from senior practitioners from:
The course also includes an interactive tour of Surrey to observe practical examples of planning decisions and their outcomes, trade-offs, challenges and lessons learned.
The Transportation Lecture Program offers a forum to:
- Discuss important local and regional transportation issues
- Talk about the role that the City plays in terms of our local and regional transportation system
- Engage with transportation experts and other stakeholders on a range of topics
- Meet other people with a passion for transportation
People who should take the Surrey Transportation Lecture Program:
- Residents with an interest in transportation
- Community association members
- Transportation professionals and advocates
- Students who are interested in pursuing a career in transportation
8 classes starting in September and going until November from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at City Hall (13450 104 Avenue) near Surrey Central SkyTrain Station.
Surrey residents pay $20 (including GST), plus a $100 cheque deposit (payable to the City of Surrey). The cheque will be destroyed if at least 7 of the 9 of sessions are attended.
Non-Surrey residents pay $105 (including GST), plus a $100 cheque deposit (payable to the City of Surrey). The cheque will be destroyed if at least 7 of the 9 sessions are attended.
Registering for the program
Contact email@example.com or call 604-591-4041 for questions about the Surrey Transportation Lecture Program.