Neighbourhood Enhancement Grants
Are you interested in improving your neighbourhood? Take on a project with your neighbours and family to create interesting, fun and beautiful outdoor spaces and streets in your community. You could also host a block party, street celebration or local event. Learn the complete details of the Neighbourhood Enhancement program in the Program Overview and Guidelines.
All Surrey residents, community groups, businesses and associations can apply. To qualify for these grants, you must match your grant money with contributions of volunteer labour and services, donated materials and/or cash. Applications are accepted all year. Check out some great ideas for community projects on this completed community projects to see what Surrey communities have accomplished in the last year or so.. See examples of
Small Project Grants (Maximum $3,000)
The Neighbourhood Small Project Grant supports planning, organizing and carrying out projects that improve the physical appearance of your neighbourhood.
Small Project Grant Application
- Create a neighbourhood garden
- Landscape a boulevard
- Clean up a vacant property
- Plant some flowering trees
- Create a neighbourhood entrance feature
Celebration & Activity Grants (Maximum $1,000)
The Celebration & Activity Grant supports encouraging community activism and celebration.
Celebration and Activity Grant Application
- Host a block party
- Organize a neighbourhood festival
- Run a street cleanup day
Apply for a Neighbourhood Enhancement Grant
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your project to find out if your project will qualify.
- Fill out the Small Project Grant Application or Celebration and Activity Grant Application.
- Email your completed application to email@example.com drop it off at the Parks & Recreation counter at City Hall. If you are applying to host a block party, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
- The Grant Committee reviews your application, and makes a decision on approval. We may come back to you with questions and conditions after this review.
- Your application goes to Council in a Corporate Report for approval. If your project is approved, we will send you a letter to let you know.
- Make your purchases for your project or event and submit your receipts with photos of your completed event or project to email@example.com to receive your reimbursement cheque.