The Arts Club Musical Theatre Intensive
Have a passion for musical theatre? Love to act, sing and dance?
Young artists with a passion for acting, singing, and dancing will be immersed in the kind of training typically found only at the post-secondary level. They'll begin their journey toward becoming a true 'triple threat' (actor/singer/dancer).
The 2016 Musical Theatre Intensive will run from July 4 to 15, 2016 (Monday to Friday):
- 10am to 4pm
- Ages 12 to 16
Applicants must have any TWO of the following:
- dance training
- private voice training
- singing with a school or community choir
- acting/drama classes
- experience performing in a school or community musical
- work with industry professionals to develop voice, dance, and acting skills
- receive one-on-one voice coaching
- learn a choreographed group number
- appear in the showcase performance for family, friends, and sponsors on the final day
- be treated to a pizza lunch for participants and instructors
- attend Arts Club Theatre Company productions and/or Surrey Civic Theatres presentations
- gain insight into Vancouver’s musical theatre community
- meet friends with similar aspirations and interests
An application form must be submitted.
- MTI application form
- pick up a form in person at the Surrey Arts Centre, 13750 88 Avenue (we are closed Mondays)
Complete the application form and submit it to the Surrey Arts Centre:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: MTI Application)
- by fax to 604-501-5581
- in person (we are closed Mondays) or by mail to Surrey Arts Centre, 13750-88 Avenue, Surrey BC, V3W 3L1
We don't want you to miss out, so apply by June 15 to secure your spot!
Application forms will be referred to the Program Director,, for consideration.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Those accepted will be registered with full payment due at that time.
If you have any questions please phone the Surrey Arts Centre at 604-501-5566, press 0.
This video andshow MTI alumni talking about their experiences and what they've accomplished since taking the Intensive.
The Arts Club Musical Theatre Intensive was founded by Peter Jorgensen in partnership with Arts Club Theatre Company.