March 14, 2015
Experience all things Celtic at the Surrey Museum
Get your Celtic on and celebrate the wearin’ o’ the green at the Surrey Museum's annual Celtic Fest.
- We dare you to resist the call of our captivating Celtic musicians and dancers: Allen Barnett on accordion, Small Potatoes Irish Music, Steel School of Irish Dance, Cambrian Circle Singers, Kyle Banta (bagpipe demos), White Rock Scottish Country Dance Club, and Brigadoon Highland Dancers.
- Join Surrey Archivist Ryan Gallagher in the Museum’s theatre at 2pm to find out which early Surrey families had Irish roots.
- You don't need to be a Finnegan or a MacDonald to create your own paper tartan. Make a Loch Ness monster puppet to take home.
- Visit with the Westcoast Calligraphy Society for a demonstration of Celtic calligraphy and receive a personalized hand-lettered souvenir bookmark.
- Visit local community groups with Celtic connections, including Sons of Scotland Benevolent Association and BC Highland Games.
Drop in, by donation
Location: Surrey Museum, 17710 - 56A Avenue
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Town Centre: Cloverdale