Olde Harvest Fair
September 24, 2016
Harvest some fun at this fall event
Celebrate the harvest at the Historic Stewart Farm's favourite fall event. In the spirit of the community harvest, bring a non-perishable food donation for the Sources White Rock/South Surrey Food Bank.
- Visit the vendors market, featuring local artisans and small businesses.
- Be entertained by Surrey's own re-enactment troupe, The Re-enactors as they bring to life Surrey's true stories during the period 1872 to 1945.
- Tour the Farm’s heritage orchard to learn about historic apples. Master Gardener Roger Phillips shares info on mason bees and rare heritage vegetables and herbs growing in the Farm’s heirloom gardens.
- Dust off your cowboy boots and dance to the tunes of the
- Take part in traditional harvest festival games and activities, including potato sack races and “Scarecrow Relay” for prizes and bragging rights.
- Watch cider press and butter-making demonstrations.
- Create your own barn animal toy then have your face painted.
- Sample apple cider and coffee on the veranda, then head inside the Farmhouse for a guided tour with a costumed guide.
Drop in, all ages
Location: Stewart Farm House, 13723 Crescent Rd
Time: Noon - 3:00 PM
Town Centre: South Surrey