Sneak Preview of New Emergency Department at Surrey Memorial Hospital
July 13, 2013
We’re giving the people of Surrey and Fraser Health communities a chance to see inside Canada’s second largest Emergency Department, which opens to patients October 1.
Tour our new, bigger state-of-the-art facility — the size of 3 NHL hockey rinks. Emergency staff will be on hand for a show and tell, too.
- See inside our trauma room
- Tour our separate Pediatric Emergency Department just for kids, 1 of only 2 in BC
- Learn how wait times to be triaged will be shorter
- Peek inside our new patient treatment rooms (there’s over 100 of them)
- Check out our new electric stretchers (ER staff love them!)
- Find out how we’re reducing the spread of infectious diseases
- Learn about our new CT scanner and mobile x-ray machines
- Visit our calm therapeutic zone for adult mental health patients
- Look up, way up at our new Tower Lobby ‘trees’
- And much, much more.
Hospital parking is free during the Sneak Preview. The event entrance is at the SW corner of 94A Avenue.
We’re Surrey proud, and we think you’ll be too after the Sneak Preview. So bring the family and join us on July 13.
This community event is being put on by Surrey Memorial Hospital.
Location: Surrey Memorial Hospital, 13750 96 Avenue, Surrey BC
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Category: Public Meetings & Open Houses
Town Centre: North Surrey