Cities Fit For Children 2013
Surrey is proud to host Cities Fit For Children 2013
November 21 to 22, 2013 and pre-conference event November 20.
Thank You Cities Fit For Children 2013 Attendees
The Cities Fit for Children Provincial Summit included over 300 delegates from various sectors – recreation professionals, municipal staff, provincial leaders, non-profits and service agencies, social and community planners, public health and education. The conference goals were:
- to affirm important leadership role for BC municipalities in promoting healthy child development
- to increase the awareness of the critical importance of the early years
- to showcase leadership and innovation of BC municipalities in promoting child development
- to increase the strategies and tools available to municipalities to take actions to promote child development
This year's conference was themed around Child Rights because a rights based lens is an important tool for advocating for children and youth. 3 key areas were examined:
- programs and services
- healthy built environments
- meaningful civic engagement
Bookmark this page for conference proceedings which will be uploaded in the next few weeks. Attendees are also asked to check their email for the online conference evaluation. Your feedback will help shape future Cities Fit For Children summits.
Read about the theme for the Cities Fit For Children 2013 summit being held in Surrey.
Register and find accommodations for Cities Fit For Children 2013.
Learn about the keynote speakers for Surrey's Cities Fit For Children 2013.
Explore the workshop schedule for Cities Fit For Children 2013.
Come hear from three renowned experts about the 5 positive human qualities we can teach our children.
Contact Cities Fit For Children 2013 and get directions to the venue in Surrey.
See the sponsors for Cities Fit For Children 2013.