The Clean Technology Championship
Thanks to everyone who participated in our first championship event in 2015. Stay tuned for information on the 2016 event happening in September.
The City of Surrey is pleased to be hosting the region's first-ever championship for the clean technology industry. The competition will be judged by the region’s top clean technology buyers and investors. This highly interactive event is aimed at raising company profiles and to stimulating new opportunities for all participating companies.
Whether you are a new start-up or an established clean technology company, we invite you to come out and pitch your company for a chance to network with some of the region’s top influencers in the clean technology sector.
We are pleased to announce that all competition spaces are full. If you wish to compete, please contact Stephen Wu to place your name on our waitlist.
We encourage all interested parties to join us for our free PowerHaus Workshop Series and support your favourite #cleantechchamp on Jan 28th.
See the Clean Technology Expo & Championship Program Guide for more details.
About the Championship
WINNER TAKES ALL - THE STAKES
- $10,000 cash prize provided by Vancity Credit Union
- The Greater Clean Technology Championship Trophy
- Bragging Rights as the region’s top clean technology company
The Century Group Student's Choice Award
- $3000 cash prize
Our panel of judges for this event will include top industry leaders from across the region including:
- Neil Huff (Lead Judge), Managing Director, Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre
- Sarah Applebaum, Associate, Pangaea Venture Capital
- Brian Beck, Strategic Projects Engineer, City of Vancouver
- Joe Blair, Associate, Chrysalix Venture Capital
- Rob Costanzo, Manager, Engineering Operations, City of Surrey
- Maureen Cureton, Manager, Green Business
- Paul Henderson, General Manager, Waste Services, Metro Vancouver
- Dave Leicester, Fleet Manager, Translink / Coast Mountain Bus Company
- Ray Lings, Managing Director,Powertech Labs
- Flora Livesey, Founding Advisor, Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Bill Lemon, Senior VP Investment Banking, Source Capital Group Inc./ Element 8
- Malcolm Shield, Climate Policy Manager, City of Vancouver
- Mike Volker, Vancouver Angel Technology Network
Each participating company will have the chance to pitch their company/ technology to our expert judges and will be measured based on your technologies ability to improve environmental sustainability, improve process efficiency, and create a return on investment for your clients and investors.
Pre-Championship Pitch Clinic and Information Session - Free to attend for registered companies
The BCTIA will be hosting a pre-championship pitch clinic on January 26th, 2015 from 9:00am to 11:00am at Surrey City Hall. We encourage all companies participating in the challenge to join and get some pointers from industry experts.
Please email Stephen Wu to register.
Resources for Championship Participants