November 11, 2017
Surrey Remembers at the Surrey Museum and Surrey Archives
Bring your family to take part in the annual Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cloverdale Cenotaph next door to the Surrey Museum and the Surrey Archives. This event is organized by the Royal Canadian Legion Cloverdale Branch #6. For information on the ceremony, call 604-574-5300.
After the ceremony, come in to the Museum to warm up and enjoy activities:
- Children can make “peaceful crafts,” like tissue paper poppies and thankful artwork, to commemorate the day
- Write thank you notes on postcards that will be delivered to Lower Mainland veterans and their families
- Set the kids loose in the fully interactive Kids Gallery to explore sustainability from a child's point of view
- View WWII documentary videos in the Museum’s theatre
- Watch demonstrations of weaving and spinning in the Textile Studio and see a heritage loom used to rehabilitate veterans
- Warm up with hot beverages and cookies.
Lecture. Seating is limited, so please ensure your spot by requesting a ticket at the event welcome table.
Join us in the Archives across the plaza for these activities:
- Wartime photographs, newspapers and photographs from the Archives collection
- War Veteran’s Stories - A slide show about War Veterans from Surrey
- Uniforms from Heritage Surrey’s Human History Collection
- Oral Histories from Surrey war veterans
- A small exhibit featuring Surrey war artifacts
- Activities for children
Drop in, by donation
Location: Surrey Museum, 17710 56a Ave
Time: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Town Centre: Cloverdale