Skip navigation

Collishaw House

Collishaw House

Heritage Area: Kensington Prairie

Site #: 51

Location: 16520 40 Avenue

Registered: November 2, 1998

Significance: Architectural, Historical

Description: Combines folk Victoria with Queen Anne detailing, two-storey side gabled with rear two-storey cross-gabled wing. Built in 1889, featuring finial turret, turned porch posts, spindle work porch frieze, multi-colored stained glass on either side of front door, and some windows with corniced frames. The farmhouse was built by William Collishaw with timber logged on site and it remained in family ownership until 1966.

Protected by Heritage Designation By-law, 1999, No. 13888 (PDF).

Listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places