Skip navigation

St. Oswald's Church

St. Oswalds Church

Heritage Area: Port Kells

Site #: 10

Location: 19016 96 Avenue

Registered: May 27, 1997

Significance: Architectural, Historical

Description: Wood frame with simple drop siding, windows are rectangular sash, clear leaded, shallow arch stained glass at apse end. Late Victorian eclectic style, including shallow pitched roof, squat tower, paralleled entrance doors and open veranda supported by heavy posts. Built in 1911 to serve the community of Port Kells.

Protected by Designation By-law, 1983, No. 7498 (PDF) and Heritage Revitalization Agreement By-law, 2002, No. 14749 (PDF).

Listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.