Participate & Get Involved in Your Community
Volunteering is about commitment and caring. Help people and work together with others who share goals with you. You can make a difference in the life of your community and in your own.
Check out the City's Sustainability Dashboard to see the difference that over 3000 volunteers are currently making.
To find out more about what it's like to be a volunteer with the City of Surrey, watch our video!
To build a healthy, cohesive community through the widespread involvement of diverse volunteers within Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department.
We will achieve excellence in volunteer management and foster the personal growth and skill development of our volunteers by:
- Maintaining a professional code of ethics and standards of practice in the administration of volunteer resources.
- Attracting and embracing diverse populations to create a community where all are welcome.
- Collaborating with internal staff, community agencies, provincial bodies and national organizations.
- Advocating the role and value of volunteerism in Surrey.
- Supporting, recognizing, and rewarding volunteers and their achievements.
Visit us at our office in City Hall at 13450 104 Avenue
Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Phone: 604-598-5863 | Fax: 604-502-6315
Get details on how to start as a new volunteer with the City of Surrey.
Keep up to date on volunteer news and see the training and benefits you can get as a volunteer in the City of Surrey.
Learn about the volunteer programs within Surrey Parks, Recreation & Culture and which ones are currently recruiting.
Learn how our City of Surrey volunteers inspire us each and every day.