Participate & Get Involved in Your Community
Volunteering is about commitment and caring. Help people and work together with others who share goals with you. You can make a difference in the life of your community and in your own.
To find out more about what it's like to be a volunteer with the City of Surrey, watch our video!
To build a healthy, cohesive community through the widespread involvement of diverse volunteers within Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department.
We will achieve excellence in volunteer management and foster the personal growth and skill development of our volunteers by:
- Maintaining a professional code of ethics and standards of practice in the administration of volunteer resources.
- Attracting and embracing diverse populations to create a community where all are welcome.
- Collaborating with internal staff, community agencies, provincial bodies and national organizations.
- Advocating the role and value of volunteerism in Surrey.
- Supporting, recognizing, and rewarding volunteers and their achievements.
Visit us at our office in City Hall at 13450 104 Avenue
Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Phone: 604-598-5863 | Fax: 604-502-6315
Get details on how to start as a new volunteer with the City of Surrey.
Keep up to date on volunteer news and see the training and benefits you can get as a volunteer in the City of Surrey.
Learn about the volunteer programs within Surrey Parks, Recreation & Culture and which ones are currently recruiting.
Learn how our City of Surrey volunteers inspire us each and every day.