The Environmental Extravaganza's 20th birthday is almost here! Are you ready to celebrate with us?
Join us for programs and events all about the environment from April 22 to June 11, 2017. There will be free fun for everyone! In April, make sure to pick up a full calendar of events from the Surrey Nature Centre, your local Surrey Library or Recreation Centre, or check back here for a downloadable version.
Programs and Events
This series happens each year between Earth Day and World Oceans Day. Check back in early April for weekly event listings! Here’s a sneak peak of what's to come:
- Guided explorations of Surrey’s scenic parks and shorelines
- Tree planting celebrations and park clean-up parties
- Salmon releases into the Serpentine, Little Campbell, and Nicomekl Rivers
- Wildlife programs - birds, bees, and owls
- Environmental workshops - bike maintenance, fishing, and gardening
- Nature story times at your local Surrey Library branch
Want a chance to win cool nature prizes during the Extravaganza? Enter one of our contests!
Earth Day Poster Contest
Surrey elementary school students kick off each year's Extravaganza with the Earth Day Poster Contest. Winners receive an awesome nature prize pack for themselves and their class! All entries due by April 4, 2017. For more information, please visit the Poster Contest webpage.
Record your journey through this year's Extravaganza to recieve a special gift in the mail and be entered into our grand prize draw! This contest is open to all ages, one passport per person. Here's how to enter:
- In April, pick up your Passport at the Surrey Nature Centre, your local Surrey Library or Recreation Centre, or any Extravaganza event.
- Tell us what you did! Simply list the events you attended or get creative with a story or a picture... it's up to you!
- Submit your passport to the Surrey Nature Centre, any Surrey Public Library, Healthy Communities at Surrey City Hall, or any Extravaganza event by June 15, 2017.
The Extravaganza simply wouldn't be possible without the efforts of all our amazing partners! They work hard to bring this fun and informative series to Surrey's residents. The 2016 partners were:
- City of Surrey - Engineering Department
- City of Surrey - Park Partnerships
- City of Surrey - Urban Forestry
- Friends of Semiahmoo Heritage Trail
- Historic Stewart Farm
- Little Campbell Watershed Society
- Lynn Pollard
- Salmon Habitat Restoration Program
- Surrey Museum
- Surrey Natural Areas Partnership
- Surrey Nature Centre at Green Timbers
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-502-6065.
Check out all the fun we had during last year’s Extravaganza in the photo gallery below!