Preschool Programs in Surrey
Registration for 2016-2017 Preschool Programs is now open!
Check out the 2016-2017 program offerings in each town centre:
Don't forget to get involved in our nature preschool programs that are happening at the Surrey Nature Centre and Clayton Park. Also, check out the to learn how Recreation Surrey is making a difference for children ages 0-18.
Registration for yearlong 2015-2016 preschool programs is still open. View all preschool course options using our Activities Search and Registration.
- Phone at 604-501-5100
- Online using Activities Search and Registration
- In person at any Surrey Parks, Recreation and Culture facility
Get to Know our Preschool Programs
Why Choose the City of Surrey?
- Quality - The City of Surrey was a recipient of a 2014 Province of BC Child Care Award of Excellence for our licensed preschools.
- Cost - Our hourly rate for care is among the lowest in the city. We also have options for child care subsidy and provide monthly payment plans.
- Reach - We are the largest child care provider in Surrey serving over 900 preschool students annually.
- Choice - We offer over 85 preschool programs at 23 unique sites across 6 different town centres.
- Staff - We employ over 90 high quality certified Early Child Educators who specialize in leading our dynamic, child centered approach.
Who is it for?
Our licensed preschools are available for children aged 3-5. All children must be either 3 or 4 years old by December 31, 2015.
- Preschool Social Recreation (age 3-5)
- Pre-Kindergarten (age 4-5)
When does it run?
Preschool is available on a yearlong basis from September to June. There are also some programs delivered on a seasonal basis and throughout summer months.
There are several options ranging from:
- 1-3 times per week
- 2-5 hours per day
- Morning and afternoon
What will my child experience?
Our preschool programs are based on a responsive curriculum, supported by the British Columbia Early Learning Framework.
With responsive curriculum, the educator develops the program as they listen and observe your child in play. In this education style your child becomes part of an engaged, reflective program that is based on their interests.
Our program will build independence and self-confidence in your child. It encourages creativity, promotes sharing and problem solving, aids in concept building and guides speech and language development.
Our educators are dedicated to developing each child's social, emotional, physical, creative, communication, literacy and cognition skills.
Can I access financial assistance?
Where can I find out more about your Preschool programs?
Learn about the benefits of responsive curriculum, and the City of Surrey's Preschool program philosophy, in our Early Years Preschool Parent Handbook. You can also call or visit any facility to find out more.
Preschool Parent Package
Once registered, download the preschool parent package.
Other Preschool Programs in the City of Surrey
Choose a preschool program that gives your child, 0 to age 6, an opportunity to explore the world around them.
- Preschool Registered Programs are shorter programs that run seasonally and generally range from 1-2 hours.
- Parent Participation Programs invite parents to engage with their children for social recreation activities.
- Preschool Camps are programs that run during the summer, spring break and winter break.
Preschool Registered Programs(Parent Participation - ages 0-6 years) or (Preschool - ages 3 to 5)
Programs meet the growth and development needs of children aged 0 to 6. These programs encourage and support your child's learning and independence.
Our programs include:
- Theme events
- Preschool Social Recreation
Drop-In Parent Participation ProgramsStay & Play / Preschool Play Day
Drop in together with your child, for a positive play and learning experience supervised by qualified and caring staff.
Guided activities may include:
- Parachute games
- Ride-on toys
- Music and movement
- Active games
You will have the opportunity to meet new friends and neighbours, share ideas with other parents, and have fun with your child!