Fibre Arts & Crafts Festival
August 12, 2017
Explore fibre arts and crafts at the Surrey Museum
Makers and creators of all ages get their hands on all things fibre with this family-friendly, fun and interactive exploration!
- Try spinning and weaving on our looms and spinning wheels in the Hooser Textile Studio, with tips from expert staff and volunteers.
- Families try their hands at easy textile crafts to take home.
- Discover Surrey's true stories with lively performances by The Re-Enactors heritage re-enactment group.
- Visit with fluffy Angora bunnies.
- Meet fashion historian Ivan Sayers and view his amazing antique lace collection
- See how real lace is made by the Lace Makers Guild.
- Fibre arts guilds will be on hand spinning the story of the cloth you wear, including Peace Arch Weavers & Spinners, Langley Weavers & Spinners, West Coast Knitters Guild, and Fraser Valley Knitters Guild.
Drop in, by donation
Location: Surrey Museum, 17710 56a Ave
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Town Centre: Cloverdale