The Arts Club Mini Musical Theatre Intensive
Have a passion for musical theatre?
Love to act, sing and dance?
Led by industry professionals, The Arts Club Mini Musical Theatre Intensive trains students to become better actors, singers, and dancers, enhancing their 'triple-threat' performance skills!
- March 18 to 22, 2013 (Spring Break)
- 10am to 4pm
- Ages 12 to 16
Applicants must have any 2 of the following:
- Two years of dance training
- One year of private voice training
- One year of singing with a school or community choir
- One year of acting/drama classes
- Experience performing in a school or community musical
- work with industry professionals to develop voice, dance, and acting skills
- apply skills in a group song and dance number
- gain insight into Vancouver’s musical theatre community
- meet other young people with similar aspirations and interests
- invite family and friends to the final session
- attend the wrap-up reception for students, instructors, and guests
An application form must be submitted.
- Mini MTI application form (PDF. New window.)
- pick up a form in person at the Surrey Arts Centre, 13750 - 88 Avenue
Complete the application form and submit it to the Surrey Arts Centre:
- by eMail to email@example.com (scan completed document, subject line "Mini MTI Application")
- by fax to 604-501-5581
- in person or by mail to Surrey Arts Centre, 13750 - 88 Avenue, Surrey BC, V3W 3L1
Application forms will be referred to the Program Director, Peter Jorgensen, for consideration.
All applicants will be contacted no later than March 1, 2013. Those accepted will be registered with payment due at that time.
Phone the Surrey Arts Centre at 604-501-5566, press 0.
The Arts Club Musical Theatre Intensive was founded by Peter Jorgensen in partnership with Arts Club Theatre Company. The Mini Intensive can be a great supplement to, or preparation for, the full length Intensive that takes place for 2 weeks each summer.