Candidate for Office of Councillor (Surrey Connect)
Sebastian brings a climate lens to the Surrey Connect team. His extensive knowledge of
municipal environmental policy was gained as president of Force of Nature, a volunteer
organization dedicated to advancing municipal environmental policy across Metro Vancouver.
He was also part of the campaign that got a climate emergency declared in Surrey and led the
fight to Save Bear Creek Park.
He has also been engaging the city on housing, ethics, and democracy for the past four years.
He brings with him a background in Political Science, doing his undergraduate degree at SFU
and his graduate work at the University of Victoria.
Sebastian’s priorities will be:
● Smart density in the Official Community Plan and affordable housing supply
● Accessible and ethical government
● Bear Creek Park protection
● Implementing the Climate Change Action Strategy
● Green City Fund restructuring