How to Vote
Steps to enhance your voter experience.
Get ready to cast your ballot with the following steps:
Before you vote
- Ensure you are eligible and registered to vote.
- Learn who is running for office.
- If you are registered, a voter card will be mailed to your household in late September or early October. Bring the voter card with your name listed and one (1) piece of acceptable identification.
- Find the voting location closest to you or visit one of our advance voting opportunities.
- If you are updating your personal information on your voter card, bring two (2) pieces of acceptable identification with you to the voting location.
When you arrive to vote
- After being greeted at the voting location, you will be directed to the first available election official to show your voter card and one (1) piece of acceptable identification and asked to sign the voting book declaration to receive your ballot. If you are not on the list of registered voters, you will need two (2) pieces of acceptable identification.
- Continue to the voting booth where you will have privacy to mark your ballot.
- Finally, proceed to the voting machine where you will feed the ballot into the tabulator.