Learn about acceptable identification needed to vote.
What identification to bring
To register in person at the time of voting, please bring two (2) pieces of acceptable identification that provide evidence of your identity and place of residence to the voting location. One item must contain the voter’s signature.
Types of identification
- British Columbia Driver's Licence
- BC Identification Card issued by ICBC
- Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence issued by ICBC
- Canadian Passport or Citizenship Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Social Insurance Number card issued by the Government of Canada
- Ministry of Social Development and Economic Security Request for Continued Assistance Form SDES8
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (Status Card)
- Birth certificate
- BC Services Card or BC CareCard or BC Gold CareCard
- Debit or credit card issued by a savings institution
- Property tax notice issued by the City of Surrey
- Utility bill (for electricity, natural gas, telephone or cable service)
Voters cards will be delivered to households in late September or early October.