Pack It In, Pack It Out
Help keep your parks clean and beautiful.
When you visit a Surrey park, make sure you pack out all of your waste. This includes food wrappers and packaging, food scraps, take-out containers and pizza boxes. To help keep parks clean and beautiful, be sure to Pack It In, Pack it Out!
Why Pack It In, Pack It Out?
There are three key reasons why it is important to pack out your waste from Surrey's Parks.
By packing out everything you bring to the park, you are ensuring that no wildlife is harmed by your waste.
Surrey's parks are home to over 1000 species of animals, birds, and critters. Our parks are their homes, and it is up to all of us to keep them safe, and their habitats clean.
All waste that is tossed into a park garbage bin goes straight to the landfill.
By packing out your waste you have the opportunity to sort it into the appropriate streams at home. It is important that we do our part to recycle, and compost whenever possible and minimize the waste that goes into the landfill.
Clean and Beautiful
By packing out our waste, we are keeping our parks clean and beautiful for everyone to use.
Please leave no trace of your visit. We want everyone to enjoy the natural beauty of Surrey's parks.
Make your Park Visit More Sustainable
Pack reusable versions of:
- Dishes and glassware
Keep these items out of parks:
- Plastic straws
- Plastic bags
- Single-use cups
- Plastic stir-sticks
- Disposable napkins
- Single-use water bottles
- Single-use beverage containers
Community Action Goals
We asked children and youth in the community how they will take action to pack out their waste from the park. Here is how they responded:
Community Action Goals
- Make food at home and pack my picnic into reusable containers - Funzone Camp
- Reuse any plastic bags I have - Funzone Camp
- Use my water bottle 100% of the time - D.C
- Make tea and coffee at home and use my reusable mug - L.C
- Bring my reusable bottle and straw everywhere I go
- Not order takeout to the park
- Not use baloons or water baloons at the park
- Sort my waste into my bins at home
- Go to environment club once school starts to talk to my friends about how to Pack It In, Pack it Out - E.S.
- Use my narwhale lunch box - R.G.
- Avoid single use plastics - Tessa and Nadia
- Take Pizza Boxes Home with me to put in the compost bin - H.H, L.T.
- Use my reusable ("Fun and Fresh") straw when I go to Starbucks - M.B
- Pack snacks into a reusable container, water bottle, and bag - A.H
- Take my banana peels and apple cores home to compost instead of leaving them on the ground - N.O
- Always pack my garbage home - A.S, S.T, K.A,
- Encourage others to Pack It In, Pack It Out, because our park is not a garbage bin
- Use my goldfish cracker container - K.V
Thank you to those who pack it in, pack it out and who make sustainable and reusable choices when visiting Surrey's Parks. Together we can keep parks clean and beautiful!