COVID-19 Safety Protocols at Re-opened Facilities
Learn what you can expect in terms of enhanced safety protocols at our reopened facilities.
The health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. We will begin to gradually reopen indoor Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities starting with a limited selection of low risk programs. Facilities will operate with reduced capacity and activities may be increased or decreased based on demand and public safety.
All facilities and activities will meet strict health and safety guidelines as set out by the Provincial Health Officer, Worksafe BC, Fraser Health and appropriate industry associations. Many additional safety measures have also been implemented in our facilities to ensure user safety.
As we reopen, we will evaluate our procedures and programs and modify them as necessary.
We have assessed all active spaces and determined how many users can safely participate in our facilities at any given time, based on physical distancing requirements as set out by the Provincial Health Officer. We have increased the frequency and cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
For Everyone’s Safety:
Welcome back! Prior to coming self assess to ensure you are health and ready to recreate.
- Pre-registration will be required for all activities.
All activities must be pre-registered using contact-less payment.
If you are on a waitlist, do not come to the facility unless you have received a confirmation phone call that a spot has become available. You will not be allowed entry without a confirmed booking.
Facilities and activities will operate with reduced capacity.
We are actively monitoring to ensure that we don’t exceed occupancy limits.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times during exercise with no exceptions. This is to ensure that patrons remain safe while exercising in City of Surrey fitness centres and gymnasiums. Anyone with a mask exemption is encouraged to exercise outside at this time.
- Patrons who are sick will not be allowed entry.
- Upon entering, clean your hands and answer health screening questions.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 metres apart at all times.
- Follow directional signage throughout facility.
- Wash hands frequently.
- During your visit
- Please bring your own water. Water fountains are closed.
- Bathrooms open with appropriate physical distancing measures.
- Please arrive dressed for your activity.
- Bring only what you need. Leave valuables at home.
- Limited access to changerooms/showers closed at most facilities.
- Activities may be offered in different locations to accommodate physical distancing requirements.
Code of Conduct
- Treat all participants fairly and equitably.
- Respect the dignity and spirit of all participants.
- Engage in fair play by respecting the rules of the activity and the facility.
- Do not take part in, or tolerate behaviour that frightens, demoralizes, embarrasses or negatively affects the self-esteem of anyone.
- Report abusive, disrespectful or violent language or actions by anyone. These actions will not be tolerated.
- Promote language and behaviour that encourages participation.
- Respect public property and the property of others.
- Follow facility rules related to public health.
- Have fun!