COVID-19 Safety Protocols at Re-opened Facilities
Learn what you can expect in terms of enhanced safety protocols at our reopened facilities.
The health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. We will begin to gradually reopen indoor Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities starting with a limited selection of low risk programs. Facilities will operate with reduced capacity and activities may be increased or decreased based on demand and public safety.
All facilities and activities will meet strict health and safety guidelines as set out by the Provincial Health Officer, Worksafe BC, Fraser Health and appropriate industry associations. Many additional safety measures have also been implemented in our facilities to ensure user safety.
As we reopen, we will evaluate our procedures and programs and modify them as necessary.
We have assessed all active spaces and determined how many users can safely participate in our facilities at any given time, based on physical distancing requirements as set out by the Provincial Health Officer. We have increased the frequency and cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
Starting August 3, front desks will reopen to better serve our customers, and drop-in without reservations will begin for the majority of our programs.
For Everyone’s Safety:
Welcome back! Prior to coming, please self assess to ensure you are healthy and ready to recreate.
Patrons who are sick will not be allowed entry.
Mask wearing is recommended in indoor public spaces for all people 12+ years who are not fully vaccinated.
The majority of drop in activities no longer require reservations. The current reservation system will remain in place for all group fitness and some other activities.
Facilities and activities will operate with reduced capacity.
We are actively monitoring to ensure that we don’t exceed occupancy limits.
Wash hands frequently.
Activities may be offered in different locations or times.
Code of Conduct
- Treat all participants fairly and equitably.
- Respect the dignity and spirit of all participants.
- Engage in fair play by respecting the rules of the activity and the facility.
- Do not take part in, or tolerate behaviour that frightens, demoralizes, embarrasses or negatively affects the self-esteem of anyone.
- Report abusive, disrespectful or violent language or actions by anyone. These actions will not be tolerated.
- Promote language and behaviour that encourages participation.
- Respect public property and the property of others.
- Follow facility rules related to public health.
- Have fun!