Discover the ways you can provide input on things like City infrastructure, City services, Park improvements, and Land Use Planning.
There are no active surveys available at this time. Check back here often, or Join City Speaks to learn about new surveys as they launch.
Attend an upcoming public engagement event.
Why We Engage
The City often makes decisions that impact the lives of its residents. These decisions may affect day-to-day services, new strategies and policies, and large capital projects. Engagement is about bringing people into these processes. Making real connections with people creates relationships and builds trust. This encourages community support for initiatives and fosters civic participation.
Public Engagement Strategy
Surrey is known for its diversity. It is young, multi-cultural and diverse. These conditions, paired with the City's rapid growth, are reshaping the City, and in turn, the future of public engagement. As Surrey continues to grow, reaching out and hearing from these diverse voices will help create a City that residents identify with and an environment that fosters civic participation and inclusion.
The Public Engagement Strategy provides the foundation for community engagement in Surrey. It identifies the City's vision, values, principles and outcomes for engagement. The Public Engagement Toolkit is the companion to the Strategy. The Toolkit provides an easy-to-use framework to plan, design, deliver and evaluate engagement. The Toolkit also provides guidance on how to reach residents underrepresented in typical engagement. Both documents are based on best practices elsewhere, while reflecting Surrey's unique context.
On June 14, 2021, the Public Engagement Strategy and Toolkit were endorsed by Council. With Council's endorsement, an interdepartmental community engagement working group will be established. The working group will support the implementation of the Strategy and Toolkit.
Send Us Your Feedback
Your comments, ideas and suggestions are important to us. Tell us about your experience visiting City of Surrey facilities.
Submit your comments to us online using the following forms:
- City Hall Feedback Form
- Historic Stewart Farm Feedback Form
- Museum of Surrey Feedback Form
- Property and Payment Services Feedback Form
- Recreation Surrey Feedback Form
- Surrey Archives Feedback Form
- Surrey Art Gallery Feedback Form
- Surrey Civic Theatres Feedback Form
- Surrey Nature Centre Feedback Form
- Surrey Libraries Feedback Form
Have a question for us instead? Contact the City of Surrey.
You can also follow City of Surrey on social media.
Past Survey Results
We share data results with the general public once they are compiled and processed by staff as part of future reports.
View results from some of the past surveys we have run:
- Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre Expansion Survey (October 2021)
- 58B Neighbourhood Park in East Clayton (September 2021)
- 72K Greenbelt in South Newton (August 2021)
- 84 Avenue Improvements: King George Boulevard to 140 Street (May 2021)
- Newton-King George Boulevard Plan (May 2021)
- Joe Brown Park Engagement Summary (April 2021)
- Fleetwood Plan (March 2021)
- Fleetwood Plan (November 2020)
- Urban Heat Ready (October 2020)
- Darts Hill (November 2020)
- Semiahmoo Town Centre Plan (November 2020)
- Newton-King George Blvd Plan (July 2020)
- Fleetwood Plan (August 2020)
- Public Engagement Strategy (May 2020)
- Surrey's Electric Vehicle Strategy (January 2020)
- Fleetwood Plan (December 2019)
- Semiahmoo Town Centre Plan (November 2019)
- Commercial Truck Parking in Surrey (October 2019)
- Nicomekl Riverfront Park (August 2019)
- Surrey Canada Day (August 2019)
- Surrey Fusion Festival (August 2019)
- Bear Creek Park Athletics Centre (August 2019)
- Semiahmoo Town Centre Plan (July 2019)
- Newton Town Centre Plan (July 2019)
- Surrey Communications & Community Engagement (April 2019)
- Surrey Recycling Contamination (March 2019)
- Semiahmoo Town Centre (March 2019)
When compiling data, the City uses multiple engagement methods to help shape decisions including open surveys, focus groups, open houses, public meetings and steering group meetings.
Looking for results not featured on this page? Email email@example.com.