In light of the Provincial Health Order issued on November 7, 2020, aquafit classes will be suspended until further notice to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex pool is open. Reservations are required for all programs. The remaining indoor pools remain closed until further notice.
Indoor Pool Locations
Surrey has five indoor pools and offers a variety of aquatic programs for all ages and abilities.
- Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex - Now Open
- Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre - Closed; Scheduled to reopen early December 2020
- Guildford Recreation Centre - Aquatics - opening TBD
- Newton Recreation Centre - opening TBD
- South Surrey Indoor Pool - opening TBD
How to Register
- Register Online
- By phone: 604-501-5100
Patrons must pre-register for all types of swimming activities, including swimming lessons, lane swimming and public swims.
Mask Use at Indoor Pools
- Masks are mandatory in all facilities except when exercising, and this includes pools.
- Patrons are required to wear a mask in change rooms, lobby spaces and on the pool deck.
- Masks can be removed for showering.
- Swimmers can remove their mask when entering the water.
- Swimmers must maintain physical distance from other swimmers in the water and on the pool deck.
- The City of Surrey is operating aquatic services following guidelines from the BC & Yukon Lifesaving Society and the BC Recreation and Parks Association.
For Everyone's Safety
Our modified procedures align with both the Lifesaving Society of BC and Fraser Health to ensure the health and safety of both our patrons and staff.
Pools will have reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
Patrons who are sick will not be allowed entry.
Come dressed to swim. Change room access will be limited.
Patrons must shower prior to using the pool.
Lockers are unavailable. Bring all belongings with you to the pool deck. Leave valuables at home.
Follow directional signage around the pool.
Enhanced first aid and lifeguard rescue procedures will be in place.
Expect enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols.
Patrons may bring their own life jackets/goggles.
Pool toys will not be permitted.
Hot tubs will be open. Steam room, saunas, water slides and tots pool are closed.
No private rentals or birthday party bookings this year.
Exit promptly when your session is finished.
Please note: We will actively monitor our procedures and may adjust as necessary.
Our goal is to make everyone feel safe in the water. Improve your comfort in the water with swimming lessons. Pre-registration is required.
Register online or by phone for your lane swim. We’re offering slow, medium and fast lane swimming when available. Lane swimming is limited to a capacity of up to four participants.
Note: Aquafit classes are unavailable until further notice.
Join a low or high impact aquafit class at Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex. Classes will be limited to 12 participants and lane ropes are in place to enforce physical distancing. Equipment (i.e. foam dumbbells) is not provided but can be brought from home.
Register online or by phone for a time to enjoy a public swim. When you book your public swim, you can also use the hot tubs. Steam room, saunas, water slides and tots pool will be closed and pool amenities will be limited.
Pool Chemistry & Filtration
City of Surrey indoor pools follow the BC Health Act and are chemically treated and filtered to ensure clean water. For more information, please speak to an Aquatic Coordinator at any of our facilities.
Our pools have a variety of accessibility features including graduated access, ramps, aquatic wheelchairs, lifts and portable stairs. In addition, Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre, Surrey Sport and Leisure Complex, and Guildford Recreation Centre have adult change tables.