Artificial Turf Fields
See a list of all the artificial turf fields in Surrey and learn how to book a field.
With B.C.’s Restart plan, local outdoor sport is resuming over the coming weeks as part of a 4 step process. Please visit viaSport for the most up-to-date information on how your sport activities may proceed and what safety measures are required.
The City of Surrey operates 15 artificial turf fields that look and play like natural grass. They are open year-round for sports.
See below for turf field etiquette and turf field lighting instructions.
Sports Permanent Lines
|Cloverdale Athletic Park Field #1||Jan. 2004||Sept. 2017||16900 64 Avenue||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Football, Soccer|
|Cloverdale Athletic Park Field #2||Feb. 2018||16900 64 Avenue||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8)|
|Cloverdale Athletic Park Field #3||Oct. 2006||July 2021||16900 64 Avenue||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer, Field Hockey|
|Hjorth Road Park Field #1||Nov. 2008||August 2021||10200 146 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8)|
|Hjorth Road Park Field #2||Nov. 2010||10200 146 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8), Field Hockey|
|Newton Athletic Park Field #1||Aug. 2010||7400 128 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8)|
|Newton Athletic Park Field #2||Oct. 2012||7400 128 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8)|
|Newton Athletic Park Field #3||Oct. 2008||7400 128 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8)|
|Newton Athletic Park Field #4||Feb. 2003||Oct. 2011||7400 128 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8), Field Lacrosse|
|South Surrey Athletic Park Field #3||Nov. 2014||2300 148 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer, Football, Baseball|
|South Surrey Athletic Park Field #9||Nov. 2008||2300 148 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer (Full size, 8v8)|
|South Surrey Athletic Park Field #10||Oct. 2005||2300 148 Street||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer, Field Hockey|
|Tamanawis Park Field #1||Sept. 2011||August 2019||12500 64 Avenue||Carpet (Nylon Base)||Field Hockey|
|Tamanawis Park Field #2||Nov. 2006||August 2020||12500 64 Avenue||Carpet (Nylon Base)||Field Hockey|
|Tom Binnie Park||Feb. 2007||10600 City Parkway||In-fill (Sand, Rubber)||Soccer, Field Lacrosse|
Turf Field Sprinklers
All artificial fields are equipped with perimeter sprinklers to cool the field surface during periods of very warm weather. The basic operation once the control is activated is for a 2-minute cycle of 4-6 zones (8-12 min). Specific directions as to the location of the control switches and access keys can be obtained from Surrey Parks. Please call 604-501-5174 for more information.
Turf Field Tips
- Be aware of your team's beginning and finish times.Teams are not allowed on the field until their booking starts. Teams must be off the field before the start of the next booking.
- Give yourself enough time to move the portable goals back to their respective storage areas if the field is changing sports. i.e. Soccer to Football.
- Only players and coaches are allowed on the field (This is to minimize surface contamination from spectator shoes and boots).
- No food or drinks, gum, sunflower seeds, metal cleats, bikes, pets or tobacco allowed on the field. Water is OK
- Please do not spit sunflower seeds onto the field when watching games. They are extremely difficult and time consuming to remove.
- Please pick up and remove tape and any other foreign materials left at your team's bench and surrounding areas.
- Prior to entering the field, please clean your cleats with the cleat cleaners provided near the main entrances.
- All portable soccer goals are to be moved back to their respective storage facilities after use.
- Field entrance gates are equipped with an S.P.#1 lock that must be secured after the last event of the day. No exceptions.
Turf Field Light Schedules
All turf fields have confirming light schedules. This means lights will not turn on unless first activated by entering a field code number prior to your designated start time. Our goal with the confirming light schedules is to be good stewards of the community through responsible field use.
Once you've received your confirming light code number, some things to note:
- Step 1: Enter 5 digit PIN#.
- Step 2: Press Zone (#)
- Step 3: Press #. The # key is to turn the lights on.
Example: 234561# : The 1 is the designated zone number. Different for each lit field.
To turn the lights off repeat steps 1 and 2, and in Step 3 press * at the end.
- If you don't have a booking or it is too early in the day (bright out), the lights will not come on.
- If you have a booking that starts early but goes on until darkness, you can input the code when you arrive and the lights will come on 60 minutes prior to sunset.
- If you're the first booking of the evening, lights will only come on 10 minutes prior to the start of your booking, regardless of how dark it is.
- Please turn the lights off if you're the last booking for the evening or the field is unoccupied when you leave. If the next team(s) show up late, the lights can be turned on immediately, however, there will be up to a 15-minute delay to allow for a system cool down period before the lights are re-energized.
- When you arrive to the field as a new user group, you must enter your PIN, even if the lights are on when you arrive as those lights will turn off ten minutes after the former group's booking ends.
Occasionally, the lighting system may malfunction for a variety of reasons. If this happens, please call 604-501-5050 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. For after hours and on weekends, please call 604-543-6700 for assistance.
Obtain current codes through your designated club representatives.