Outdoor Sports Advisory Committee
Provide feedback on improving outdoor sports and venues in Surrey by joining the OSAC.
Spectators are not permitted during outdoor sporting events as per new public health orders relating to COVID-19 announced on November 19, 2020.
The Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee is an example of the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department's focus on community development.
The committee is designed to:
- Be a venue for meaningful citizen participation in decision making.
- Promote and foster cooperation between outdoor sport service providers in the City of Surrey.
- Provide a fair and equitable forum for outdoor sport service providers to collectively address issues of common concern and seek out mutually beneficial solutions.
- Advise the Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee on outdoor sports issues, policies and planning, in order to advance quality organized outdoor sport and recreation opportunities in our community.
- Maximize ongoing cooperation, communication and harmony between all outdoor sport service providers.
- Provide information to residents on available outdoor sport services.
- Enhance the delivery of outdoor sport services.
Most outdoor sports are represented on the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee executive. They currently include:
- Spring/Summer Soccer
- Fall/Winter Soccer
- Track and Field
- Field Hockey
OSAC Meetings are held at 7pm on the last Wednesday of every month at the Parks Works Yard.
- Tom Hastie - Track and Field
- Mike Clarke - Slo-Pitch
- Jeff Clarke - Soccer (Fall/Winter)
- Rob Bura - Soccer (Spring/Summer)
- Ben Dias - Baseball
- Terri Downton (Chair) - Member at Large
- Adam McNeilly - Rugby
- Joe Connelly - Football
- Dirk van Spaendonk - School District 36
- Narinder Sangha - Field Hockey
- Cal Davies - Lacrosse
- Vivek Puri - Cricket
- Lavaughn Larson - Softball
For more information on the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee, or to connect with your sports rep, please contact the Athletic Community Development office at email@example.com.