Credit: A senior experimenting with watercolours. Photo by Pardeep Singh
We’re All Artists Seniors Program
For those 55+, connect with other local seniors while making art through this telephone-based art program led by artist-educators.
We’re All Artists: Creative Practices at Home
We’ve partnered with Seniors Come Share Society and their Seniors’ Centre Without Walls initiative for an ongoing, free, and interactive phone-based program for those age 55 plus living in Surrey and White Rock. Dial in for this weekly program to experiment with a variety of artmaking techniques with local artist-educators April Davis and Claire Moore.
The lessons consist of an art technique such as collage, drawing, or painting delivered through simple but precise instructions over the phone, mixed with art history facts and time for verbally sharing and responding. Most of the materials can be found at home, though participants are mailed a package with a handout and supplies needed for the coming session.
How to Register
- Phone Edwin Chau, Program Coordinator for Seniors' Centre Without Walls, at 604-531-9400 ext. 205
- Or email email@example.com.
As the program is very popular, we recommend registering early to avoid being put on a waitlist.
- Framing the Outdoors/Indoors
- Zooming in on the Details
- Lines and Colour
- Crosshatching Techniques
- Negative Space
- Entropic Graphomania
- Colour in a Fantasy Landscape
- Charcoal - Close Up
- Charcoal - From a Distance
- Windows, Frames, and Viewfinders
- Zoom in on Nature
- Found Poetry Collage
- Birds of a Feather
- Atmosphere Perspective
- Linear Perspective
- Mixed Media - Painting and Collage
- Memory Maps Past and Present
- From Stick Figure to Gesture
- Emotions Colour Wheel
- Watercolour Techniques
- Watercolour Bookmarks
- Outer Space Drawing
- Pastel Techniques
- Collaborative Mandalas
- Drawing on the Subconscious
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
- Imaginative Drawing
- Northern Lights Watercolour Experiments
- Portraits: International Women's Day