Guided Outdoor Tours
Take in some local history with a free guided outdoor tour of the farm's picturesque grounds!
Take in some local history with a free guided outdoor tour of the farm's picturesque grounds! Perfect for the family or social bubble (10 person limit), discover the stories of the site with an informative guide. Then explore on your own with a nature walk.
Tours of the historic site are available Wednesday to Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 3:30pm.
One group spot is available every 30 minutes with the final tour beginning at 3pm. Guests are required to pre-register their group online.
Guides will share the history of the area, the Stewart family and the farm itself. Groups may meet outside the Stewart Hall. Highlights of the 30-minute outdoor tour include the:
- Outside of the 1894 Farmhouse
- Heirloom Gardens
- Outbuildings, including a walk through the Pole Barn and visits to the Root Cellar, Boat Building and former Threshing Shed
The new modified service follows new protocols to ensure community safety as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
- Visitors must pre-register, with groups limited to 10 people from the same family or social bubble.
- Tours will be marked with a one-way route to ensure physical distancing.
- While not required, tour participants are encouraged to wear a mask during their tour.
- If you are feeling unwell the day of your tour, please stay home.
The Farmhouse Remains Closed
While the farmhouse is temporarily closed, explore the Online Heritage Activities, updated weekly to keep you engaged and entertained. All with a heritage twist, our unique activities for all ages offer a glimpse into the past.