Guided Outdoor Tours
Take in some local history with a free guided outdoor tour of the farm's picturesque grounds - with a Christmas spin!
The farm is temporarily closed. Outdoor guided tours will resume on February 3, 2021.
Take in some local history with a free guided outdoor tour of the farm's picturesque grounds! Perfect for a single family household (six person limit), discover the stories of the site with an informative guide. Throughout December, tours will include Christmas content, highlighting what a Victorian holiday would have looked like for the Stewarts.
Tours of the historic site are available Wednesday to Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 3:30pm. Guests are required to pre-register their group online.
Guides will share the history of the area, the Stewart family and the farm itself. Groups may meet outside the Stewart Hall. Highlights of the 30-minute outdoor tour include the:
- Outside of the 1894 Farmhouse
- Heirloom Gardens
- Outbuildings, including a walk through the Pole Barn and visits to the Root Cellar, Boat Building and former Threshing Shed
The new modified service follows new protocols to ensure community safety as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
- Visitors must pre-register, with groups limited to six people from the same household.
- Tours will be marked with a one-way route to ensure physical distancing.
- Tour participants are expected to wear a mask during their tour.
- If you are feeling unwell the day of your tour, please stay home.
The Farmhouse Remains Closed
While the farmhouse is temporarily closed, explore the Online Heritage Activities, updated weekly to keep you engaged and entertained. All with a heritage twist, our unique activities for all ages offer a glimpse into the past.