The Real Mandrake the Magician
A famous local magician uncovered.
Date & Time
Tickets & Pricing
Abracadabra! This Community Treasures exhibit is all about magic!
Real Life Surrey Hocus Pocus
Leon Mandrake was a Surrey-based magician best known as Mandrake the Magician. His son Lon Mandrake, also a magician, has teamed up with MOS staff to display memorabilia about his father's notable career. Expect to see:
- Magical tools of the trade that belonged to Mandrake the Magician, including decks of cards, his magic wand and a crystal ball to name a few
- Posters from performances
- Comics, figurines and ephemera from that era
- Performance costumes belonging to Mandrake the Magician and his assistant, Lon’s mom Velvet
The Famous Comic Strip
The comic book character “Mandrake the Magician” was created by Leon Mandrake's comic book artist friend ten years after he started performing. The comic book character mimics Mandrake’s top hat, pencil moustache and scarlet cape.
Pre-Register for a Visit to the Exhibit
- Call 604.592.6956 or email email@example.com with the one hour time frame you wish to visit, as well as how many people will be in your party (including infants). Leave a message if no one answers and we will call you back ASAP.
- If everyone in your party has a MySurrey account, you may register online.
Keeping the Museum Safe
The museum follows all citywide COVID-19 safety protocols. A maximum of 40 visitors are allowed in the museum at a time for one way visits. Upon arrival, please wait outside, observing COVID-19 health protocols. Staff will invite you inside and continue check-in from behind Plexiglass. One-way maps will be available for self-guided visits as well.