COVID-19: History in the Making
Help document Surrey during COVID-19.
From windows painted with hearts to 7pm cheers for healthcare workers, the people of Surrey have united during the global pandemic. Help the Surrey Archives document the effects of COVID-19 in Surrey’s communities and the everyday lives of citizens.
Two Ways to Contribute
- To submit a photo, video or other file, contact the Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-502-6459.
- To share your story, complete the online form.
Why We Are Doing This
The COVID-19 pandemic is an historic event, dramatically altering day-to-day life. The effects of the pandemic will be the subject of future documentaries, films, research articles, novels and more. The Archives must be proactive to ensure community donations are collected in order to thoroughly document this extraordinary time.
What You Can Donate
The Archives invites residents to share how the pandemic is affecting them through the medium they most prefer, such as photographs, videos, audio recordings, letters, diaries and more.
Any items documenting everyday experiences during the pandemic are encouraged for donation. All submitted records will be reviewed by Archives staff to ensure they meet the goals of the acquisition campaign and the overall collection policy.
Ongoing Donation Acquisitions
The Archives continues to collect general Surrey-based historical items as well, including:
- Audio recordings
- Documentary art
The Archivist will review all donation offers with the criteria for acceptance in mind. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Degree to which the records relate to the history, culture and character of Surrey
- Presence of unique documentary evidence significant to the history of Surrey
- Quality, rarity, historical, scientific or technical value of the records
- Completeness of the records
- Relationship to existing collections
- Physical condition and conservation needs
Items are freely donated without conditions. Legal ownership, including copyright, is transferred by deed of gift to the City of Surrey, which holds all of its heritage collections in trust for the people of Surrey and British Columbia.
If you have any questions about Surrey Archives donations please contact the Archivist at 604-502-6458 or email@example.com.