Art Together Onsite
Make art shoulder-to-shoulder with mentoring artists at this free drop-in program for all ages.
Make art, meet friends, and share your ideas!
This is a unique opportunity to create do-it-together art projects and learn a range of art media shoulder-to-shoulder with emerging to established mentoring artists. Free drop-in, all ages welcome.
All sessions take place at Surrey Art Gallery unless otherwise stated.
This season explore art-making through printing with artist Atheana Picha, ceramics with sculptor Amelia Butcher, and performance with artist and performer Carol Sawyer and more!
Join us from 5−7pm on select Tuesdays: January 28, February 25, and March 31, 2020
For more information, contact a Gallery Engagement Facilitator at email@example.com
Changing the Narrative: Indigenous-Made Monthly Matinee
Celebrate the rich, varied, and unique perspectives of Indigenous-made cinema! We will be showing monthly matinees, ranging from documentaries and dramas to comedies and animation. Complete with post-film discussion, special guests, and refreshments. Free and open to the public.
Join us from 1−3pm on select Saturdays: January 18, February 15, and March 21, 2020
- Arm knitting with Karen Cancino
- Printmaking with Sarah Hart
- Film graffiti with Alex MacKenzie
- Breakdancing with Arthur Tiojanco
- Painting with Jim Adams
- Creative writing with Fred Wah
- Mock online radio show with Don Chow
- Mixed media collage with Tomoyo Ihaya
- DJing workshop with DJ Khanvict
- Collaborative artmaking at the Sizzling Summer Art Bash
- Chalk drawing with Jen Clark
- Cedar weaving with Roxanne Charles
- Lantern making with Tamara Unroe
- Collaborative clay mural with Marie Côté
- Soundmakers with Charlene Vickers and Cathy Busby
- Circuit making with Valérie d. Walker & Bobbi L. Kozinuk
- Collaborative mark-making with Claire Cilliers
- Zine-making with Kiel Torres
- Collage workshop with Jeff Hallbauer
- Performance art with Chun Hua Catherine Dong
- Stop motion, claymation, and animation skills with various artists
- Photography and cyanotype workshops with Brian Howell
- Sensory walk and ceramics workshop with Marie Côté, Peter Morin, and Ziya Tabassian
- Collaborative textile intervention with Roxanne Charles and Debbie Westegaard Tuepah
- Textile postcards with Bettina Matzkuhn
- Art games with Nicholas Loewen
- Collage and drawing with Nicoletta Baumeister
- Animation intensive with Nicolas Sassoon
- Watercolour painting with Sara Khan
- Stop-motion animation workshop with Cindy Mochizuki