Learn about the bylaws that regulate how businesses are operated in Surrey.
There are several bylaws that regulate how businesses are operated in Surrey. The two bylaws that affect all businesses operating in Surrey are the Business License Bylaw and the Zoning Bylaw.
Operating a home-based business? Be sure to review the home-based business regulations in addition to the business bylaws below.
Business Licence Bylaw
The Business Licence Bylaw sets the fees for business licences. It also includes specific regulations that some business types must follow (ice cream vendors, health enhancement centres, mail box rental centres, etc.).
The Zoning Bylaw regulates where businesses can be located. Properties are given a zoning designation which lists all uses that are permitted on that property. Home-based business regulations can also be found in the Zoning Bylaw.
Related Business Bylaws
Review the other bylaws that may affect how your business operates. Find them all in our Bylaws Library.
- Building Bylaw, 2012, No. 17850
- Electrical Safety Bylaw, 2004, No. 15596
- Fire Service Bylaw, 1990, No. 10771
- Methadone Dispensing Bylaw, 2003, No. 15039
- Noise Control Bylaw, 1982, No. 7044
- Plumbing Bylaw, 1981, No. 6569
- Pool Room and Billiard Hall Regulation Bylaw, 1974, No. 4323
- Public Health Smoking Protection Bylaw, 2008, No. 16694
- Sale of Pepper Spray Regulation Bylaw, 1998, No. 13622
- Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Bylaw, 1997, No. 13183
- Scrap Metal Dealer Regulation Bylaw, 2008, No. 16655
- Vehicle for Hire Bylaw, 1999, No.13610
For questions about business regulations, contact our Licensing Office at email@example.com or 604-591-4370.