Design-Build Cloverdale Fairgrounds Show Barn Structural Upgrade
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Proposals
The proposed structural upgrade should provide a specious open surface that is suitable for ball hockey. The structural upgrade should minimize impact to existing metal building and provide maximum possible clearances.
The proposed structural upgrade work will include, but not limited to, the design and construction of the following:
- Structural steel columns, beams, supports, bracing etc.,
- Structural upgrade to provide maximum possible clearances,
- Reinforced concrete slab on grade. Finishes and tolerances to be suitable for ball hockey games,
- Localized replacement or upgrade of existing building components that are affected or required to allow for the proposed structural improvement. This shall include but not limited to cutting, removal, re & re , excavation, backfill, coring, and location and suspension of building gas burner overhead heaters and miscellaneous fixtures,
- Tie-in to existing building system as required,
- Hazmat abatement,
- Testing and inspections,
- Engineering and design services, permitting submissions required (Owner will cover the cost of the Building Permit only), labour, material, tools, equipment, and accessories required to complete the work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, by laws and regulations, and requirements of authorities having jurisdiction.,
- Design and project documentation including shop drawings, engineers schedules, technical reports, inspections and as built drawings.
Addendum No. 1 - REVISED CLOSING (.pdf)
Issue Date: May 1, 2018
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: May 8, 2018
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Time: 1:00 PM
Location: Cloverdale Fairgrounds - Show Barn
17763 / 17835 - 62nd Avenue, Surrey, BC
Proponents are to meet at the parking lot by the Show Barn Building. Proponents are encouraged to delegate a senior offical to represent the Proponent at the Information Meeting and site tour.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal, Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named above.