Design, Supply, and Installation of Sunshade - Design Build Services: Surrey City Hall
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
The City built and moved into a new City Hall in February of 2014. Since then the reception staff, located in the south end of the six (6) storey glazed atrium, has had significant issues working in overly bright sunlight conditions. The purpose of this design build RFQ is to develop and install sunshading mechanisms that will effectively eliminate staff issues caused by direct and reflected brightness, glare and contrast.
Description of Goods and Scope of Services
The City invites Contractors to provide comprehensive design and engineering services, supply, fabrication and installation services, and all associated work, for the addition of sunshading enhancements to Surrey City Hall’s atrium reception area located at 13450 - 104th Avenue, Surrey, BC.
The Services shall include the provision of all labour, materials, plant and equipment but not be limited to all aspects of:
- sunshade design, including detailed sun study modelling for complete day and season coverage;
- structural, fire protection and any lighting or electrical engineering design;
- code compliance and/or certified professional services for inclusion within an existing alternate solution for the atrium, plus review of fire testing for materials;
- adequate construction documentation for building permit submission, fabrication and erection; and,
- fabrication and installation of approved design, including construction supervision, handover and closeout requirements.
RFQ document for download:
Design, Supply, and Installation of Sunshade - Design Build Services: Surrey City Hall(.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Quotation (.doc)
Instructions for the City’s Managed File Transfer Service may be viewed in the RFQ document.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City's Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the "BC Bid Website") and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the "City Website") that will form part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.