Fitness Equipment - North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex
1. Devin Fitness Group
2. Fitness Town Commercial BC Inc.
3. Technogym North America
4. Tower Fitness Equipment Services Inc.
5. Flaman Fitness Ltd. (B.C.)
Revised October 1, 2020
Request for Quotations
The City of Surrey (the “City”) invites Quotations from experienced and qualified Contractors for the provision of new commercial grade fitness equipment to the City’s recreation centers.
The City is opening a new fitness space the first week of January 2020 in the North Surrey Sport and Ice Complex (10950 126A St.) and will need to purchase equipment for a Group Fitness space (1068 sq. ft.), Spin room (683 sq. ft.) and weight room (5431 sq. ft.). With three (3) arenas and close to Skytrain, we expect this space will attract athletes and commuters, along with current patrons from the North Surrey Recreation Centre and the surrounding community.
The fitness equipment should be delivered to the City’s designated location by November 18, 2019.
All Fitness Equipment provided by the Contractor to the City must be Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved. Specific requirements for various types of equipment are listed in Schedule A-1 General Preferred Equipment List. The Product categories include, but not limited to the following:
- Selectorized Machines/Cable Units
- Selectorized Circuit Line with Lighter Stacks/Short Shrouds/Wheelchair Accessible
- Free Weights/Benches
Training and Response Time:
The Contractor should:
- provide a guaranteed telephone response time to the City within a maximum of two (2) hours from the time a service call is initiated;
- provide authorized service repair and must have access to stock parts that breakdown with frequency to ensure that equipment malfunctions are diagnosed within a twenty-four (24) hour period; and
- have the Fitness Equipment fully repaired in accordance with original equipment manufacturers performance standards within a maximum of forty-eight (48) hours following diagnosis.
The Contractor should describe all environmental “Green” certification, innovations in manufacturing and any other benefits that contribute to the overall “best value” of the proposed equipment and any information on any initiatives, programs and product choices that the Contractor has implemented that could be considered as sustainable value such as recycled material in manufacturing.
Contractor should provide customized instructional training program
RFQ document for download:
Fitness Equipment - North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex (.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Quotation (.doc)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: August 21, 2019
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.