Mayor's Charity Ball Event
B.C. Event Management Inc.
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
The Contractor is to provide event management services which include the development, management and execution for all elements of event management for the Mayor’s Charity Ball.
The Contractor is expected to have significant expertise, knowledge and experience related to
event planning and production, management and execution. This includes strategic event management (plans, schedules, budgets, etc.), creative direction, event communication, and event logistics.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Contractor will provide, but not limited to, the following Services:
- Liaising with the venue representatives regarding all production and technical matters;
- Production management of the event;
- Managing contracts for lighting systems;
- Managing contracts for audio systems;
- Managing contracts for power distribution;
- Managing contracts for staging;
- Managing contracts for tenting;
- Managing contracts for video systems;
- Supplying a production manager a technical director and support production staff as required;
- Develop and manage the showflow;
- Generation of all CAD floor plans illustrating the positions of all on-site installations;
- Issuing move-in/move-out and logistic schedules;
- Ensure that all contractors have their applicable permits in place.
- On site co-ordination of all City of Surrey supplied services;
- Initiate and organize up to 10 meetings regarding production, planning and, venue logistics;
- Initiate and organize a full dress rehearsal for event entertainment with all required production staff;
- Create and implement production schedules;
- Develop and manage script for the evening and oversee all video content;
- Onsite liaison for deliveries and directions to suppliers where required;
- Manage any onsite installation as required such as carpet, pipe and drape, staging etc;
- Manage green room and dressing room setups; and
- Manage onsite event security guards.
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: March 6, 2017
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: March 9, 2017
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.