Park Washroom Modular Unit Fabrication and Installation Services
Submissions under review
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
The City invites Quotations from experienced and qualified modular building fabrication Contractors for all skilled labour, tools, materials and equipment for the fabrication, furnishing and installation of one pilot-project PWMU in 2018, with the likely expansion of the program involving an additional five units for a total of six, delivered two per year in 2018, 2019, and 2020 respectively.
The design team selected Maple Green Park in Surrey’s Fleetwood neighbourhood as the first site to pilot the design. The design team has developed a design to 50% design documentation (Schedule A2) producing a PWMU concept that meets the project goals.
The Contractor is responsible for the turnkey fabrication and installation of the following PWMU, delivery, installation, fixtures, and equipment, as follows:
- Specifications as Outlined in Schedule A1 and A2.
- Unisex – One (1) stainless steel toilet, one (1) toilet paper holder (supplied by City), one (1) stainless steel urinal, one (1) stainless steel hand washing station, one (1) stainless steel changing table, one (1) sanitary napkin receptacle.
- Wheelchair-accessible conforming to British Columbia Building Code.
- Allow for a utility room for mechanical services.
- Shop Drawings detailing the building components including, but not limited to, the concrete work and reinforcing, a track and sliding security gate with including public art attachment points, and the integration of the mechanical electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems into the design.
- Material samples and mockups
- Concrete Mix Design & Test Reports
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: July 20, 2018
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: July 27, 2018
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.