Pre-qualification for Contractors for 84 Avenue Arterial Roadway from King George Boulevard to 140 Street & Related Improvements
Submissions under review
Revised June 23, 2021
Richard D. Oppelt
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statement of Qualifications
The City has limited east-west arterial roads, particularly in the central portion of the City where there are only two continuous arterial roads, 64 Avenue and 88 Avenue, connecting Newton to Fleetwood and Cloverdale. The 84 Avenue corridor improvements between King George Boulevard and 140 Street will provide an improved, and alternate, multi-modal east-west corridor between Newton and Fleetwood. The project designs will provide for efficient movement of traffic, pedestrians, and cyclists while also enhancing the neighbouring environment in Bear Creek Park.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
In general, the scope of the improvements will involve the following:
- Approximately 800m of new arterial road construction consisting of four lanes (two travel lanes and two parking lanes), complete with concrete median, and curbing, and street lighting;
- Approximately 800m of asphalt pathway construction;
- 40m clear span bridge over Bear Creek;
- Large box culvert (3m width) at King Creek;
- Two signalized intersection modifications (King George Blvd and 84 Avenue, and 140 Street and 84 Avenue;
- One new signalized intersection (83A Avenue and 140 Street);
- Two mid-block pedestrian activated crossings; and
- Disposal of residential landfill material.
Associated Park Enhancements
- Approximately 6,000 sq.m wetland habitat feature;
- Expansion of an existing parking lot located off of 140 Street, south of 83A Avenue, by approximately 100 stalls; and
- Approximately 1,600m of new park trails.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will post a written addendum on the BC Bid website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) and upon posting will be deemed to form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. No amendment of any kind to the RFEOI/SOQ is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Submission, Respondents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.