Pre-qualification for General Contractor for Construction Management Services for Surrey Fire Service Training Centre
Shortlisted have been notified.
The following companies have been short listed:
- D.G.S. Construction Company Ltd.,
- Graham Construction and Engineering LP,
- Mierau Contractors Ltd.,
- Ledcor Construction Ltd.,
- KDS Construction Ltd., and
- Double V Construction Ltd.
Revised October 9, 2020
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
CONSTRUCITON MANAGEMENT SERVICES
The City invites request for expressions of interest and statements of qualifications for construction management services from qualified firms for the Surrey Fire Service Training Centre project.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of Services for this project is to provide the design assist & pre-construction service in addition to the full construction management services required to achieve the City’s objectives.
The base scope of the project includes the construction of a new 11,772 sq. ft. fire training facility. The new facility will provide:
- Clean and dirty conference / training rooms;
- Change rooms;
- Administration offices;
- Support spaces;
- Office space;
- Kitchen area;
- Storage space; and
- Parking lot revisions, civil work for building services and minor landscaping.
The Construction Manager will be required to enter into a CCA-5 Construction Management Contract, with supplementary conditions, to provide the pre-construction services as outlined in GC2.2 ‘Pre-Construction Phase’ and as amended by the City. When all the trade packages have been quoted and committed on budget the project may be converted to a Lump Sum Stipulated Price Contract (CCDC-2) as amended by the City’s supplementary general conditions.
The Respondent should have the following experiences within the past five (5) years:
- Experience in the construction of a similar facility;
- Experience in sustainable and energy efficient projects;
- Experience in projects of construction value more than $3 million;
- Experience in design assist & pre-construction services;
- Experience in renovating existing facilities and working within fully operational sites;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholder groups; and
- Experience working with municipal clients.
In addition to the above, the Respondent should demonstrate the following:
- Proven delivery of projects and ability to meet tight timelines;
- Commitment to sustainable construction and focus on quality; and
- Relevant experience of the proposed staff.
Previous experience in constructing fire and/or training facilities would be considered as an added qualification.
RFEOI/SOQ Document for download:
Pre-qualification for General Contractor for Construction Management Services for Surrey Fire Service Training Centre (.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Submission (.doc)
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. It is the responsibility of Respondents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFEOI/SOQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFEOI/SOQ or may be relied upon by any Respondent. By delivery of a Submission, Respondent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFEOI/SOQ including, any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed in writing to the person named below.