Pre-Qualification for General Contractors for Construction of Washroom and Waterpark at Hawthorne Rotary Park
Shortlisted have been notified:
- Cedar Crest Lands
- Edifice Construction Inc.
- Fricia Construction Inc.
- MRC Total Build
Revised January 7, 2021
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
Hawthorne Rotary Park, located at 10513 - 144 Street, Surrey, BC, is a well-established intermediate-destination park in the City of Surrey. The City has embarked on a multi-phase implementation of the recently completed Park Masterplan. The current project represents Phase 2 of the implementation plan and includes approximately 100m² of enclosed building area in washrooms and changerooms, and construction of the adjacent waterpark/spraypark plus associated landscaping and site servicing.
The anticipated construction duration is 24 weeks, beginning on January 14, 2019, with final completion of construction to be achieved no later than June 28, 2019.
The City prefers that the Respondent is an established General Contractor with relevant experience, capability and resources to successfully deliver the proposed project. Respondents should demonstrate experience with the following:
- Park buildings/washrooms or similar structures in municipal/urban environments;
- Prefabricated structural systems, such as precast concrete and mass timber
(e.g. CLT, NLT, etc).
- Waterpark/spraypark construction
- Project delivery within constrained timelines
The works to be completed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Concrete foundations and floor slabs
- Precast architectural concrete
- Structural mass timber
- Concrete masonry
- Structural steel
- Wood framing and rough carpentry
- Doors (including overhead coiling doors)
- Toilet partitions and washroom accessories
- Electrical power and lighting
- Civil siteworks (including utility connections for power, water, and sanitary)
- Landscaping (including hardscape and planting)
- Waterpark/Spraypark construction
RFEOI/SOQ document for download:
Pre-Qualification for General Contractors - Hawthorne Rotary Park (.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Submission (.doc)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf.)
Issue Date: October 23, 2018
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. No amendment of any kind to the RFEOI/SOQ is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed in writing to the person named above.