Pre-Qualification For Paving Contractors For Arterial, Collector and Local Road Paving and Related Works
Submissions under review
Revised February 26, 2021
Richard D. Oppelt
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST AND STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
The purpose of this request for expressions of interest / statements of qualifications (the “RFEOI/SOQ”) is to:
(a) invite submissions (the “Submission”) from respondents (the “Respondent”) that describe the desire, relevant expertise, capability, reputation and resources of the Respondent to undertake the services (the “Services”) as described in Schedule A – Scope of Services. The actual work requirements may vary and will be as established in a tender document; and
(b) to select a Respondent or Respondents who may be invited to participate in the next stage of the competitive selection process, when called.
The City is seeking to satisfy the following objectives in issuing this RFEOI/SOQ:
- enable the City’s Engineering Department, Design and Construction and Operations Divisions to group paving contractors according to their expertise, capacity and capability;
- establish service area tiers of suitable paving contractors for specific work types and contract values;
- facilitate the selection and invitation of prequalified paving contractors from a list to tender for specific work;
- encourage continuous improvement and better contract outcomes;
- manage contractor performance in a fair and transparent way; and
- deliver improved project outcomes for the City.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (collectively, the “Websites”), and upon posting, any addenda will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. It is the responsibility of Respondents to check the Websites for addenda. The only way this RFEOI/SOQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFEOI/SOQ or may be relied upon by any Respondent. By delivery of a Submission, the Respondent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFEOI/SOQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFQ should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.