Pre-Qualification of Subcontractors - Surrey Fire Service Training Centre
Submissions under review
Revised January 24, 2020
KDS Construction Ltd.
16250 - 20th Avenue
Surrey, BC V3Z 9M8
Request for Proposals
Acting as the Construction Manager for the City of Surrey - KDS Construction Ltd.
KDS Construction Ltd. intends to pre-qualify subcontractors who will be invited to participate in a competitive tender process to construct a new Fire Service Training Centre in Surrey. Successful subcontractors will be asked to submit lump sum pricing for their respective scope(s) of work.
Up to 5 subcontractors may be pre-qualified for each of the following scopes of work:
- Civil, site work, and asphalt paving
- Structural steel and miscellaneous metals
- Roofing (SBS)
- Metal cladding (composite and corrugated)
- Walls and ceilings
- Mechanical (complete divisions 21, 22, 23, and 25)
- Electrical (complete divisions 26, 27, 28 and 33)
Only companies who have been pre-qualified will be able to submit a bid for this project.
A 12,200-square foot steel building will be constructed from the ground up to function as a new training centre for fire fighters. The building will be constructed on the same site as the existing Fire Hall No. 9, located at 14915 64th Avenue in Surrey. The training centre features four classrooms; office and administration areas; a training deck; and gear rooms.
This project will require the following scopes of work: excavation; civil work; concrete foundations; structural steel and metal decking; elevator construction; masonry; composite and corrugated metal cladding; SBS roofing; aluminum framed glazing; wood, steel, and aluminum doors; resilient, sealed concrete, and tile flooring; drywall; steel stud framing; acoustic ceiling tiles; millwork; washroom accessories and partitions; electrical; plumbing; HVAC; sprinklers; and controls.
RFP / CONTRACTOR'S QUALIFICATION STATEMENT FOR DOWNLOAD:
Pre-qualification for Subcontractors - SFS Training Centre
KDS requires interested subcontractors to adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Provide one digital copy, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit file size to under 10mb.
- As an alternate, hard copy submissions will be accepted. Please send hard copies to 16250 20th Avenue in Surrey, BC V3Z 9M8, Attention: Estimating. Only one copy will be required.
- Submit all pre-qualification documents no later than 14:00 on June 14th, 2017.
Only successful proponents will be notified.