Prequalification of General Contractor for Surrey RCMP Main Detachment Interior Improvements
Revised October 9, 2020
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
The City of Surrey invites request for expressions of interest and statements of qualifications for general contracting services for prequalification of general contractor for Surrey RCMP main detachment interior improvements.
The City intends to engage a qualified general contractor to provide full general contracting services for a successful tenant improvement.
The City’s objectives are to:
- achieve the most cost effective design, through an integrated design process;
- control security, sound and dust control separation;
- ensure that qualified sub-contractors are selected and that scope gaps/overlaps are effectively eliminated;
- eliminate or significantly reduce extra costs/change orders resulting from discrepancies in the construction documents and/or design conflicts; and
- achieve the desired high level of quality while maintaining the project cost & schedule.
The general contractor will:
- effectively schedule and procure the work;
- provide the expertise required to manage and coordinate all contracted, subcontracted and other associated work;
- manage construction trades as needed to achieve the project schedule;
- manage work areas for security, sound, dust and access control;
- ensure work quality;
- provide cost control; and
- miti1220gate any construction delay.
The general contractor may also be expected to provide the City with constructability reviews, work sequencing and control input, value engineering input and timely effective costing during the project.
Time is of the essence for this project.
RFEOI/SOQ Document for download:
Prequalification of General Contractor for Surrey RCMP Main Detachment Interior Improvements (.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Submission (.doc)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: August 10, 2017
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: August 17, 2017
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the "BC Bid Website") and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the "City Website") that will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. It is the responsibility of Respondents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFEOI/SOQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFEOI/SOQ or may be relied upon by any Respondent. By delivery of a Submission, Respondent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFEOI/SOQ including, any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed, by email, to the person named below.