Provision of Mid-Construction Airtightness Testing, On-Site Builder Education, and Airtightness Data for Part 9 Residential Buildings
Revised October 2, 2020
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
The City of Surrey (the “City”) is seeking experienced and qualified energy advisor(s) licensed by Natural Resources Canada to provide mid-construction airtightness testing and associated on-site education for local builders of new Part 9 residential buildings to support the City’s implementation of the BC Energy Step Code.
- Conducting accurate mid-construction blower door tests;
- Leading builder team members on the site in a walk-through of the pressurized/depressurized home, pointing out priority areas of air leakage;
- Providing on-site instruction to the builder team members on site regarding:
- construction techniques to prevent air leakage issues; and
- techniques to mitigate or stop air leakage after the air barrier is installed, with an objective of achieving the performance levels to achieve compliance with the airtightness requirements set out in Step 3 of the Energy Step Code (i.e. 2.5 ACH @50 Pa respectively), which the City requires beginning January 1, 2021.
- Completing a standard mid-construction airtightness testing form and standard short report summarizing the building characteristics, airtightness results, identified issues, and recommended solutions, among other things; and
- Providing the City with the final airtightness test results from any buildings where both mid-construction and final airtightness tests are conducted.
RFEOI/SOQ Document for download:
Air Tightness Testing - Part 9 Residential Buildings (.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Submission (.doc)
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. No amendment of any kind to the RFEOI/SOQ is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Submission, Respondents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed, by email, to the person named above.